Friday, August 29, 2008

Relief

First, I apologize. I know that I promised to write every day, but this week has pushed my focus into depressing, existential territory and I didn't think everyone wanted to read about me pouting for several days on end.

BIG NEWS

Dad was released from the hospital yesterday and he's doing much better. We've found out that he was most likely suffering from a tick born illness, but the doctors have still not pinned down which one it might've been. He entered the hospital with a fever, accompanied by dementia, of roughly 104 degrees that eventually spiked at 108. For right now, his temperature has stabilized and everything looks great.

YUM

I found a new favorite food while I was visiting the DC area recently. It's called Chile Spiced Mango (dried Mango seasoned with sugar and chile spices) from Trader Joe's. The Jen doesn't like them so we'll have to question her judgement once again, but I think they're one of the best new treats I've eaten in a long time. Best served with good beer, none of that light crap.

FITNESS

Time to drag my lazy ass back into the gym. The LA Fitness has finally opened about two blocks from our house and I don't have an excuse for my near-300 pound body weight any more. I'm no stranger to the gym, but I'm a lot intimidated, knowing how sore I'll be as soon as I start. Maybe I'll finally start taking cardio classes. Or I could shoot myself.

No comments: