Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to Reality

My long business trip/vacation is drawing to a close. I really enjoyed my time in the DC area, but I also really miss my wife and kids, not to mention my 63" TV (no offense to Mike & Christine). I got to see a lot of new sites that I either missed or didn't exist on past trips here and I had the "opportunity" to look pretty goofy dragging two stuffed animals around the DC area, taking pictures of them to help my kids stay connected with me and let them know where I was and what I was doing.

VICTORY

Yet another person has been added to the list of people who are much more of a man than I. For those who haven't heard this story, the people who had already made this list are, in no particular order:

1. Rulon Gardner, former US Olympian in Greco Roman Wrestling, though his other life experiences had just as much to do with why he's on the list.

2. Ann Bancroft, the woman who led the first all woman crew in a trek to cross the Antarctic.

3. Ronnie Lott, who had his little finger caught between two helmets when he played for the San Francisco 49'ers and had the end of his finger cut off so he could go back in for the second half.

4. The guy who survived a shark attack in Australia a few years ago because, as the shark got the guy's head and right shoulder in it's mouth, he stabbed it in the toungue while he was punching the fish in the eye.

The newest addition to the list is, of course, Michael Phelps, the first person to win 8 gold medals in the same Olympic games. Of course you already knew that, unless you've been hiding out in your media proof bunker all week. I used to think I was a strong swimmer, but....ah, forget it.

strong like bull I am
lithe like swimmer I am not
a silly dream fades

No comments: