Monday, August 16, 2010

Webster will never be the same.

I'm finally going to try to get back to writing a bit, but this is just going to be a note of thanks.

A group of guys I hadn't seen together in years invited me to Siren for their annual Boys' Weekend Up North and I don't think I could have had any more ridiculously juvenile fun. At one point, it looked like we might have made up about 10% of the crowd at Webster Days. I can confidently say that one in our crowd kicked off the street dance, virtually on his own, another earned VIP status within the group and definitely left an impression on the locals and we all drank enough to keep us well hydrated.

I'm not going to say any more at this point. We will post pics and vids through this blog a little bit later if not too horrified once we sober up.

One other thing....I really miss hanging out in Northwest Wisconsin. For those who don't know, I was once a radio reporter out of Amery and spent a lot of time traveling between River Falls in the south to Superior in the north. Couldn't believe the number of places where I remembered hanging out in Burnett County. If I could find a way to transplant my job to that area and still earn a living, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But then again, they don't have any 24-hour White Castles up there.

No comments: